Digital Campaigner (or Manager, depending on experience)
Role: Digital Campaigner, Uplift
Status: Full-time (preferred) or 4 days/week; initial 1-year contract with high likelihood of renewal
Salary: £35,000-£44,000, depending on experience
Starting date: ASAP
Uplift is a new organisation helping to move the UK towards a fossil fuel-free future. We strategically resource, connect and elevate ideas and voices to set in motion a just transition away from fossil fuel production that is commensurate with the scale of the climate crisis.
We are currently looking for a Digital Campaigner (or Digital Campaign Manager, depending on experience) to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to help build an ambitious movement to phase out oil and gas extraction in the UK.
In this role, you will work with the campaigns team and key partners to develop and execute powerful digital campaign and communication strategies for transitioning away from oil and gas extraction. You will support a diverse network of organisations, constituencies and communities who are working towards shared goals. You will also help to create stories that expose industry greenwashing and elevate the urgency of a just transition away from fossil fuel production.
Working closely with the Head of Campaigns and Communications on campaign direction and strategy, you will help us to define how we can best create maximum, sustainable impact.
Core responsibilities will include:
● Developing and executing digital campaign and communication strategies and tactics in collaboration with key partners and networks
● Managing the social media channels of Uplift’s campaigns, including but not limited to:
> Developing a content plan for social media channels, drafting copy, creating content and ensure consistent posting for all channels
> Creating reactive content and messaging to respond to current events
> Community management across the various campaign channels
> Developing social media toolkits and coordinating with partners around big mobilisations
> Analysing the performance of our digital campaigns and making recommendations on how to improve
> Developing and executing message testing and paid strategy
> Following and developing strategies and content to support the activity of partner organisations and allies
● Creating social media graphics and other graphics for website and print as needed
● Coordinating with consultants to develop additional creative content, including drafting briefs, providing feedback and maintaining regular communication
● Providing digital campaign advice to partners, advocates and community groups working towards the same goals.
● Supporting the campaign team in maintaining campaign websites and online databases
● Managing digital communications and action tools of various campaigns through platforms like Action Network
● Coordinating with the Uplift Research, Comms and Campaign teams on wider campaign strategy and tactics
Our ideal candidate will have:
● Significant experience in a similar or related role.
● A track record of planning and leading effective digital campaigns and communications strategies
● Excellent analytical skills and a demonstrable ability to analyse changing political and social contexts, with an eye towards creating easily digestible content quickly for social media
● Extensive professional networks within the UK
● Experience with image making and video editing, such as the Adobe creative suite or similar product
● Motivation, initiative, exceptionally high standards, a collaborative approach, and associated qualities needed to work in a dynamic organisation with an ambitious agenda
● Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including an ability to quickly build trust with partners and colleagues and address and resolve conflicts
● A strong commitment to Uplift’s mission and core values of equity and climate justice.
Uplift values diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Please email CV and Cover Letter, and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Deadline: 23 January 2022
Project Manager Earthwatch is recruiting for a Project Manager to lead on work with our corporate partners and community engagement activities. Deadline: 30 January 2022 Location: Oxford offices / flexible...Apply For This Job
Digital PR Manager We’re looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and ambitious Digital PR specialist to join our rapidly growing SEO and PR team....Apply For This Job
Campaign for National Parks is the only independent voice for National Parks in England and Wales. It’s our job to...Apply For This Job
Learning Officers x2 (Bucks & Berks) Closing date: Sunday 30 January 2022 Salary: FTE £21,400 – £21,854 Contract type: Permanent...Apply For This Job
Senior SEO Consultant We’re looking for a passionate and experienced SEO consultant to join our awesome team. We’re a boutique...Apply For This Job