Job Title: Countryside Climate Network Coordinator
Salary: £35,000 pro rata 3 days a week
Hours: Fixed term contract – 6 months 24 hours per week (3 days a week)
Location: Virtual but will be office based in London in the future
To develop and manage a network of local leaders and organisations in countryside and rural areas committed to taking ambitious action to tackle air pollution and the Climate Emergency.
● Develop and manage a network of local leaders and organisations in countryside and rural areas that share policy expertise and best practice around climate action, feeding into UK100’s wider programme of work.
● Map and implement actions that enable countryside and rural issues to be appropriately represented in UK100’s communications, advocacy and wider work.
● Develop the shared advocacy priorities of local political and business leaders in countryside and rural areas to enable plans to be taken forward that tackle air pollution and the climate emergency with ambition and urgency.
● To support rural local leaders in using the outputs of UK100’s communications research, insights and materials in support of ambitious action to tackle theclimate emergency and air pollution in their communities.
● Manage impactful projects: to time, on budget and that meet agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
● Represent UK100 at meetings and public events to promote ambitious action to tackle air pollution and the Climate Emergency from Local Authorities, national Government and business.
● To support and comply with UK100’s guidance on branding, tone of voice and key messages, positively contributing towards raising UK100’s profile.
● We are a small team. Ad hoc duties will thus arise, and every staff member is expected to support the team efforts
Place in organisational structure:
The post holder will:
-report to the Programmes & Operations Manager
-work closely with the Director, Policy Director and Campaigns Manage
Programmes and Operations
Assistant Press & PR Manager
Eelevant Local Authority officers in countryside and rural areas
Business organisations operating in countryside and rural areas
Relevant national government officials
NGO’s and partner organisations
Currently a home based role, with a London based office in the future. Some travel around the UK may be required.
This job description does not form part of the contract of employment, but indicates how that contract should be performed. The job description may be subject to amendment in the light of experience and in consultation with the post holder.
– Strong understanding of relevant policy and politics re: air pollution and Climate Emergency
– Understanding of the structures of local government
– Understanding of opportunities and challenges for action on air pollution and the climate emergency in rural areas
-Working in partnership with others
-Working in a lobbying or advocacy role
Skills and abilities
-Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships
-Effective project management skills
-Excellent communication skills
-Ability to represent the organisation with external stakeholders
-Committed to the vision of UK100
Closing Date: 1st November 2020
Interviews: Held virtually, week commencing 2nd November
Application Details: Please send a CV (max 2 pages) and a cover letter that sets out how you would take forward the role and what you see as the main priorities (max 1page) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a creative and organised Projects Officer to join our small team, to support the delivery of...Apply For This Job
Head of Digital Mobilisation and Fundraising Job Title Head of Digital Mobilisation and Fundraising Reporting to Executive Director Salary £40k...Apply For This Job
Participatory Youth Programmes Manager Job Title Participatory Youth Programmes Manager Reporting to Head of Activism Salary £28.5K pro rata Contract...Apply For This Job
New role: Campaigns and Research Manager Job Title: Campaigns and Research Manager Details: 0.6 FTE. Home-based, with occasional travel. Fixed...Apply For This Job
A unique opportunity to join a successful and growing conservation charity! Skills for Bees: Cymru Project Officer Salary £21,000 (pro...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.