Title – Manager and Company Secretary
Reports To – Chair
Based – Home working with access to Manchester and Salford
Contract – 7.5 hours per week.
Salary – £45,000
Job Purpose – To oversee the financial, governance and operational affairs of the organisation and ensure they are compliant with all current legislation.
Background – The Charity Service is a UK wide charity based in Manchester. The charity works to enhance tax efficient charitable giving through a variety of fee-based services to donors. The charity also administers several grant programmes from Managed Trusts.
Do you want a flexible but rewarding part-time job that makes use of your skills and experience? We are looking for an experienced senior manger with accounting knowledge to lead The Charity Service. We run our own grant programmes in Greater Manchester as well as managing donations on behalf of private donors. You will be the lead for the organisation, responsible for accounting, investment managment and governance and will oversee delivery of our grant giving programmes through the Development Officer. The role is home-based but ideally within easy access of the Greater Manchester area.
· Maintain accounting records for all sub-trusts within The Charity Service (TCS) and external managed trusts.
· Produce annual budgets and quarterly management accounts for TCS and year end accounts for TCS and Managed Trusts.
· Maintain investment records for each trust invested and liaise with investment partners regarding setting up investment accounts and selling investments placed with them.
· Manage cashflow of each managed trust and sub-trust to ensure that there are sufficient funds to make donation and grant payments.
· Complete monthly payroll and all returns to HMRC.
· Make gift-aid claims as and when appropriate.
· Maintain oversight of the grant programmes and manage the Development Officer.
· Manage relationship with holders of sub-trusts within TCS and oversee donation requests.
· Act as Company Secretary and complete all necessary filings.
· Oversee governance compliance including ensuring that policies are appropriate and up to date.
· Oversee marketing of the organisation including web-site.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Attributes
· Understanding of the voluntary and community sector
· Understanding of charity law and governance
· Experience of SAGE and producing charity accounts
· Experience of managing investments
· Experience of managing staff
· Ability to work remotely and manage own time
· Ability to communicate well both written and verbally
· Ability to make decisions and work on own initiative
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Attributes
· Experience of grant programmes and grant monitoring
· Knowledge of web-site maintenance
To apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter via the ‘Apply for job’ button.
Background Information KAB is a charity and service provider that has been working throughout Kent and the surrounding areas since...Apply For This Job
People and Organisation Director Ready to take the helm of a fast growing, remote-first, international team? Komoot went fully remote...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Duration: Permanent Hours: Part / Full time 3-5 days per week. We are...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.