Reports to: Director of Business Development
Location: Remote working and (subject to future Government guidance) London, Westminster
Salary: This is a part time role, 0.6 FTE (3 days per week) with a salary circa £27,000 (pro-rata)
• 25 days annual leave (pro-rata), with a leave allowance that grows with your length of service
• An interest free “new starter” loan of up to £1,000 to help you prepare for taking on your new role – be it to support travel arrangements in the form of a season ticket, or to help you get your home office set up in advance
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Option to access private health insurance as a benefit in kind
• Pension contributions will be matched up to 8%
The Association for Decentralised Energy is the leading advocate of a more local, user-led, efficient, and low-carbon energy system. We represent one of the most exciting and fast changing areas of the energy sector. Our members cover a wide range of market participants, from industrial manufacturers, energy service providers, demand response aggregators and technology developers, to local authorities and the wider energy market supply chain.
With a market-wide shift towards decentralised generation, smart energy services and customer-led innovation, this role is an exciting opportunity for the right person to get involved in a growing sector.
Do you want to be part of a team that is working to make sure we deliver the UK’s target of net zero carbon emissions by 2050?
Here at the ADE, our member’s products and services will play a crucial role in meeting the UK’s climate objectives. From low carbon heat to smart flexible power, we work with government, regulators, businesses and consumers to drive forward the clean energy economy. We focus on the priorities that really matter for the UK to achieve the net zero target. Specifically driving the decarbonisation of heat, championing the role of industrial clusters in the green transition, and pushing for the regulatory and legislative changes that mean our homes, places of work and public services are energy efficient, low carbon and smart.
As our membership continues to grow, we need a highly organised and reliable Membership Administration Officer who will be focused on our members and is able to help ensure we maintain a close working relationship with them and meet their needs.
You will be part of an energetic team engaging with a wide range of businesses and organisations within our member’s companies and organisations to ensure that we maintain close working contact with members and the wider ADE team are kept up to date of any member status changes.
This role will support the ADE’s work to set the vision of a local, efficient, low carbon energy system which enables energy users to make the choices which work for them by ensuring people, including potential clients and the government, are aware of the sector and trust the industry.
· Monitor member engagement and facilitate interaction between members and the relevant policy staff to maximise member satisfaction and minimise membership resignations.
· Administer the membership database and ensure it is kept up to date and compliant with data protection legislation.
· Writing clear and concise minutes of recruitment and member catch-up calls and meetings; distributing and filing these in a logical manner to ensure access for all team members.
· Assist the Director of Business Development and the Policy team with onboarding new members.
· Scheduling and facilitating calls with potential new members and the appropriate ADE staff members.
· Assist the Director of Business Development to generate membership, recruitment, engagement, and revenue statistics to aid management decisions and for presentation to the board of directors.
· Maintain and update membership and recruitment documents.
· Assist the Director of Business Development and the Office Manager to complete the invoicing of membership fees, accurately and on-time, and to help ensure membership fees are paid on time and any long overdue fees are addressed quickly.
· Periodically engage with our members via surveys and catch-up calls to evaluate satisfaction levels and to compile suitable reports on the results for dissemination to management and the wider ADE team.
· Administer and maintain the member list and member case studies on the ADE website.
· Notify the Policy team of any members that have lost recent engagement and have had no contact.
· Present periodically to the internal ADE team on membership activity and engagement status.
· Assist the External Affairs team with the Association’s events, conferences, forums and working groups including sending out and tracking invitations, and general event administration activity.
· Support the Policy, Research and External Affairs teams to maximise the ADE’s event success.
· Assist the External Affairs team to manage content for the Association’s websites and social media streams.
· Provide support with general business development administration workload, as required.
· The position is suited to an enthusiastic and confident person who is comfortable engaging with a large number of people in a highly professional manner.
· Accurately tracking member engagement requires someone who is highly organised, systematic, and detailed.
· Experience in a comparable role for a similar organisation could be beneficial, though is not critical if suitable skills exist.
· Confident making telephone, MSTeams/Zoom calls with members and their points of contact.
· Some experience of administering events, conferences or forums would be an advantage.
· Comfortable working collaboratively in a dynamic, highly intelligent and motivated team.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – you must be confident in face-to-face (or screen-to-screen!) meetings and over the phone.
· Excellent database management and good writing skills, with a focus on accuracy and clarity.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· An ability to use MailChimp, SurveyMonkey and CRM systems would be beneficial.
At the moment, we are primarily working from home (in line with government guidance), though continue to engage as a team through MS Teams – including both work and social-focused catch ups! When in use, the office is an exciting and dynamic place to work, engaging with industry leaders and decision makers at the forefront of energy policy, helping to shape the future energy market. This energy has been transplanted into the virtual realm and each day has new and exciting challenges. You will enjoy working within a small and passionate team as well as across a wide number of external stakeholders.
At the ADE we believe that we succeed by having happy, motivated people and we will support and invest in a successful candidate. In exchange we look for proactive team players who are ready to deliver on behalf of our members.
We are actively seeking applications from every part of the community. The ADE is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you think you are suited to this role, to arrive no later than midday on Monday 1st March to John Bryant (email@example.com). Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
Lead the #NoBeef environmental campaign supported by Cambridge, Paul McCartney, Peter Gabriel and academics around the world. This role is...Apply For This Job
Finance and Operations Manager 2-2.5 days per week Salary: £40,000 – 45,000 (FTE) Location: working from home anywhere in the...Apply For This Job
Role: Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer Reporting to: People and Resources Manager Has Reporting: None Salary Band: C (...Apply For This Job
Commercial Development Manager Stirling or Winchester 29.6 hours per week Salary circa £30k per annum pro-rata plus benefits Working from...Apply For This Job
Job Description At Crowdfunder HQ we are looking for a People & Culture to oversee all people-related matters. As a...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.