Job Title: Programme Officer
Contract type: Temporary- fixed term for 6 months with option to extend dependent on funding
Salary: £28-32k pro rata dependent on experience (approx £17-19k per annum)
Working Hours: 0.6 FTE, part time 3 days per week, with some flexibility for the right candidate and potential to increase hours dependent on future funding
Location: Currently home-based with face to face meetings when safe to do so; changing to flexible home/ London office based within 12 months
Reporting to: Director of Programmes
Direct Reports: None
Key Relationships: Regional Coordinating Partners, Programme Fundraising Manager, Finance Manager
StreetInvest and its partners have the ambitious goal to be reaching 100,000 street-connected children a year through Street Work by 2025. To make this a reality, StreetInvest has in the past three years restructured its programme to focus on building networks of effective Street Work organisations – under the umbrella of the Global Alliance for Street Work – able to maximise the number of children having access to a trustworthy adult Street Worker. StreetInvest works both directly and through this network to promote and support Street Work by:
Over the past decade, StreetInvest has observed the unsustainability of the ‘traditional’ project approach in relation to Street Work: projects are time-bound, the partnership ends with the project and StreetInvest has faced challenges in documenting the ongoing impact of past work, unable to gather data on partners’ continuing Street Work and measure progress towards its vision of a trustworthy adult for every street child.
Since 2017, StreetInvest has transformed its programme approach, now working through Regional Coordinating Partners (RCPs) in Asia (India), West Africa (Ghana) and East Africa (Kenya) and with plans underway to establish similar regional networks in Europe (UK) and Central America. Through these five regions, StreetInvest is rebuilding its programme and reframing its impact.
In January 2020, StreetInvest launched an ambitious 5-year strategy and business plan to build upon its recognized specialist expertise, long-term partner relationships and many years of experience to reach more street-connected children, with a greater impact, through its Global Alliance for Street Work. The Global Alliance for Street Work currently comprises 67 organisations including 48 local, frontline NGOs & CBOs in RCP-led networks, alongside international NGOs, academics & research bodies and private sector companies. Together, we are committed to a rights-based approach, focusing specifically on Street Work, in order to promote the positive growth and development of street- connected children (SCC) and reduce the stigma and discrimination they face.
The Programme Officer will provide comprehensive programme and admin support to ensure successful delivery of the StreetInvest Programme, working closely with the Director of Programmes, Programme Fundraising Manager, partners and other members of the StreetInvest team. The role is diverse and will include supporting project and partnership management, research & advocacy, training & capacity building, network development, finance management, programme communications and programme fundraising. The Programme Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of StreetInvest’s Monitoring and Evaluation framework, and maintaining accurate, well-organised records relating to the Programme. The right candidate will have superb, proven organisation skills, a meticulous eye for detail and a track record in supporting teams and managers.
1. Ensure the smooth day to day running and adminstration of StreetInvest’s research, advocacy, capacity building, network development and Street Work programme activities at a regional and global level
2. Maintain well organised, up to date records relating to Programme activity and offer administrative support to the Director of Programmes
3. Build and maintain trusting, collaborative relationships with RCPs and network partners and act as the key point of contact for partner, network and programme enquiries.
4. Be responsible for the day-to-day implementation and administration of StreetInvest’s M&E framework, ensuring that partner data is of suitable quality and received on time, collated, stored and analysed appropriately.
5. Support DoP and RCPs with the development of the Global Alliance for Street Work, being responsible for the timely and accurate collection and storage of network data and ensuring this is accessible by partners and the StreetInvest team.
6. Provide financial management and logistics support for StreetInvest’s Programme activity, including supporting the Director of Programmes and RCPs with budget management and reporting, risk assessments, planning for events and travel, safeguarding processes and compliance.
7. Provide project management support for StreetInvest’s regional programmes and RCPs, including monitoring the implementation of MOUs and partnership agreements and obtaining regular updates
8. Maintain StreetInvest’s library of training materials, working with the volunteer Head of Training to ensure that all resources are reviewed regularly, complete and accessible by partners and colleagues and appropriate evaluation data is gathered from all training delivered.
9. Coordinating online and face to face events, webinars and meetings as required
10. Gathering compelling stories, photos and videos from partners, in line with StreetInvest’s Safeguarding Policy and values, and sharing these with the wider team for inclusion in communications and fundraising activities.
11. Carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job.
12. Abide by all StreetInvest’s policies, regulations and procedures.
13. Where appropriate, to represent StreetInvest and its RCPs on national and/or international platforms.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
To apply please send via email, your CV and a covering letter (max 2 A4 sides), outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications 1st March 2021
Reports to: Chair of Trustees Responsible for: Project Co-ordinator (P/T), Administrator(P/T), ten professional/ skilled volunteers, and 300 volunteers (approx) available...Apply For This Job
Project Coordinator /Financial Administration Officer (Part-time. 22.5 hrs/wk flexible, 6-month Fixed Term Contract – maternity cover) Do you have strong...Apply For This Job
Our fundraising mission aims to inspire people to support our quest for change. As Fundraising Officer your role will be...Apply For This Job
Job details Application closing date: 10/03/2021 Location: Berkshire Salary: £18,000 per annum Package: We offer 25 days Annual Leave, Pension...Apply For This Job
Please visit https://www.peerpower.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/PEW_Applicant-P… to see the full Job Description and Person Specification and instructions on how to apply. The role:...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.