Position: International Trusts Manager
Responsible to: Head of Major Gifts
Hours: Three days per week
Salary: c. £35,000p.a. pro rata, depending on experience
Location: Based either in the National Office in London, or remotely.
The Catholic Maritime charity, Stella Maris (formerly known as Apostleship of the Sea), supports seafarers and fishers in over 330 ports in 54 countries. With its new international strategy, and building on its successful response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Stella Maris in Great Britain is now taking a leading role in developing the capacity of the Stella Maris network worldwide. To help support this development, the charity has created this new role of International Trusts Manager to:
-help secure funding for these activities
-provide high quality stewardship to funders
-coordinate the work and liaison between Stella Maris branches around the world and their funders based in Great Britain and/or overseas.
This new role is a fantastic opportunity for those with skills in Trust Fundraising, international development and project management. You will help this leading charity achieve its mission to support seafarers and fishers around the world.
In furtherance of Stella Maris’ International Strategy, and to support the Head of Major Gifts, the post holder will:
1. Manage and secure unrestricted and restricted income from a portfolio of trusts, foundations, corporate foundations and other grant-giving organisations to support the activities of the Stella Maris network internationally.
2. Support international partners in writing up applications and reports for projects and programmes with which Stella Maris (GB) is involved, and in monitoring that the projects are delivered in line with grant requirements.
1. Research and identify charitable trusts, foundations and other grant-giving prospects that may fund the charity’s current and future work overseas.
2. Work with international partners to identify and write up projects and programmes in need of funding in furtherance of Stella Maris’(GBs)International Strategy.
3. With international partners, prepare budgets to support fundraising applications.
4. With international partners, write and submit high quality applications to potential funders within set deadlines.
5. Support Stella Maris branches overseas in ensuring that projects are delivered in line with grant requirements, especially in ensuring adherence to reporting requirements to funders.
6. Submit relevant monitoring and evaluation reports required by funders, ensuring high standards are consistently met
No job profile can cover every issue which may arise within the post at various times and the post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time.
Strategic Ability / Innovation
To apply, or to ask any questions about the roles, please email Jonathan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Application format: CV plus cover letter.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 18th January.
VOLUNTEER ROLE Accessibility Coordinator Ideal time commitment: 5-10 hours a week (this may increase the 2 months prior to show...Apply For This Job
JOB DESCRIPTION Job title: Facilities Officer Service: Corporate Services Salary: Grade 2 Point 16 – 19 Hours: 30 hours per...Apply For This Job
Growth and Development Worker Location: Home-based (Covering London & Midlands) Contract: Fixed Term Contract 9-12 months, Part time (21...Apply For This Job
VOLUNTEER ROLE Brand and Design Manager Ideal time commitment: approx. 5-10 hours per month; flexible Responsible to: Head of Media...Apply For This Job
Who we are: The Humane League UK is a charity ending the abuse of animals raised for food by influencing...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.