Deaf Can – Employability Programme
Job Title Employment Officer
Job Hours 21 hrs
Line-manager Project Manager
Salary £27,300 pro rata + 3% pension (2% annual increase)
Contract: Fixed term – 3 years
Closing date: 19 October 2021
Interview date: 28 October 2021
SEMDC – Scottish Ethnic Minority Deaf Club is a member led SCIO that provide practical, social, and emotional support to anyone living in Scotland who is Deaf and from an ethnic minority. This Scottish Government funded project will provide employability advice and guidance and support members to achieving personal goals in accessing relevant training.
Main purpose of the Job
To provide 1:1 support, advice, and information regarding employability, in work progression and accessing suitable training, while working in partnership with the Project Manager, BSL Interpreter and Administrator to effectively ensure delivery of the service in accordance with Funder’s requirements.
Duties and responsibilities:
· To provide employability advice and support to members via group work and 1:1 session.
· Abide by and promote equal our Equal Opportunities Statement and to support the organisation’s strategic objectives, vision, and mission
· Deliver employability/confidence building workshops to enhance progression to work.
· To establish links with relevant services throughout Glasgow, particularly DWP/support services.
· Assist with research and campaigns on issues relating to welfare reform.
· Maintain records for the continuity of casework, information retrieval, monitoring and reporting.
· Provide regular reports to the Project Manager on activities against targets.
· Be fully competent in using Microsoft Office 365 and custom database packages.
· Ability to work under pressure, on your own initiative, but also to be part of a team.
· Commitment to working to the organisation’s policies and procedures.
The list of tasks is not exhaustive and will be reviewed from time to time in discussion with the post holder.
Support Officer – Wildlife Gardening Forum (WLGF) JOB TITLE Support Officer – Wildlife Gardening Forum (WLGF) LOCATION Flexible, home based...Apply For This Job
Working within local communities across Oxfordshire you will be joining our successful Community Information Network Team as we work to...Apply For This Job
We are looking for a People & HR manager who will help us change the world The People & HR...Apply For This Job
The role. ADD International is looking for a Director of Funding, Communications & Transformative Partnerships to help us resource our work in...Apply For This Job
Are you an experienced Development Manager looking for a new opportunity to work flexible hours for an important cause? CAP...Apply For This Job