We are looking to recruit a qualified counsellor to join our growing team, working with us 4 days per week. We want someone who has experience of working with vulnerable and traumatised adults, children and young people. Our charity currently provides counselling and therapeutic services to children, young people and their families in Blacon and Lache part of Chester and the role would be based in these locations.
To apply for the role please email Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org attaching a copy of your CV and in the event of us wanting to take your application forward, we will email you a more detailed application form to complete.
Successful applicants will have:
· A minimum of level 6 qualification in counselling.
· Additional creative qualification such as art or play therapy preferred.
· Accredited, or eligible for accreditation, by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) or equivalent.
· Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience of providing counselling therapy to adults, children and young people.
· Experience in following safeguarding and child protection procedures.
· Good organisation skills- able to maintain up to date, accurate records and assessments utilising IT systems.
· Knowledge and understanding of current issues affecting parents and children/ young people living in areas of deprivation.
· Ability to develop positive relationships with clients, engage with and support them in their personal development.
· Ability to plan, organise and evaluate their own work and fulfil evaluation and monitoring reports to show impact and generate client case studies.
What you can expect from us:
· Competitive rate of pay (£28,000 per year FTE)
· Travel expenses covered for any travel between the community locations we work in.
· Flexible opportunities- e.g. term time working.
· Induction to working with Platform for Life
· Ongoing CPD training on a variety of topics.
· Supervision of caseload by Platform for Life’s Clinical Director.
· Contribution to external monthly clinical supervision costs.
· A commitment to provide equal opportunities for everyone.
Platform for Life is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced CRB will be required.
About Platform for Life
We are a Chester based charity that offers free, local and flexible counselling/play therapy services to low income families struggling with poor mental health. Our focus is on strengthening family relationships and creating more stable and nurturing environments for children. We work in the community where our clients are so there’s no transport issues to address or children to pull out of school. We work with families who can’t afford to pay for private therapy when NHS services aren’t available, too difficult to access or take too long.
Visit www.platformforlife.org.uk to find out more about our charity and the difference we’re trying to make in the communities we work in.
Application deadline: 29th October 2021
Support Officer – Wildlife Gardening Forum (WLGF) JOB TITLE Support Officer – Wildlife Gardening Forum (WLGF) LOCATION Flexible, home based...Apply For This Job
Senior Project Worker (PHB) Job title: Senior Project Worker (PHB) Reporting to: PHB Manager Contract: Permanent Hours: 26 hours per...Apply For This Job
Policy and External Affairs Manager / Rheolwr Polisi a Materion Allanol This role will coordinate Sustrans policy and communications work...Apply For This Job
About Made By Mortals Made By Mortals create immersive podcasts, films and musical theatre shows in collaboration with world-class professional...Apply For This Job
VOLUNTEER ROLE Accessibility Coordinator Ideal time commitment: 5-10 hours a week (this may increase the 2 months prior to show...Apply For This Job