Reporting to: Head of Policy and Campaigns
Accountable to: Head of Policy and Campaigns
Salary: £32 000 p.a. pro rata
Hours: 28 hours/week
To undertake policy analysis and primary research on health policy issues, including social determinants of health, health inequalities and maternal health; Build and maintain effective relationships with health agencies, health professional organisations and voluntary sector organisations; to represent the organisation; and to communicate about health policy and related issues to a variety of audiences.
1. Analyse Government policy and develop policy positions within the remit of this role
2. Prepare reports, briefings, responses to Government consultations and policy submissions
3. Undertake primary research on sensitive health issues, including interviews, online surveys and focus groups, with health professionals, voluntary sector workers and women
4. Represent the organisation in face to face and online meetings and networks
5. Build and maintain effective relationships with Government agencies, health professional organisations and voluntary organisations
6. Build positive relationships with voluntary organisations working with pregnant women and new mothers and other voluntary organisations engaged in health policy debates
7. Communicate about policy and research work, including through presentations and social media
8. Undertake monitoring and evaluation, and prepare reports for funders
9. To undertake other duties as may be required from time to time
Occasional travel outside of London (after current restrictions lift).
This post is open to women only (Equality Act 2010 Work Occupational Requirement Exception, Schedule 9 Paragraph 1). This is because the role requires engagement with female service users, including discussion of sensitive health issues.
How To Apply
Please send us an application outlining how you meet the selection criteria and your CV. Applications close 8 June 2020. Interviews will be held remotely on 18 & 19 June 2020. Via the Apply button.
Coram Family and Childcare Fixed-Term (until November 2021), Part-Time Salary: £14,100 per annum, pro rata (£23,500 per annum...Apply For This Job
Wessex Cancer Trust is a vibrant charity that supports local people affected by cancer in Hampshire, Dorset and the Isle...Apply For This Job
We are looking for Link Workers to work in Primary and Secondary schools in Harlesden, Queens Park, North Westminster, White...Apply For This Job
Women’s Aid is the national charity working to end domestic abuse against women and children. Over the past 45 years,...Apply For This Job
Reporting to: Executive Director Based at Choices Offices (390 Caledonian Road, N1 1DN) or at home during lockdown Salary: £28,000...Apply For This Job