Hours: 4 days a week
Contract: 12 months (with intention to extend subject to funding)
Location: Partly home based and partly at Liberty Hall, Clapton Commons, E5
Salary: £24,000/annum pro rata 4 days/week (equivalent of £30,000/annum full time)
Holiday: 20 days (plus bank holidays –see below for more details)
Made In Hackney opened its doors in 2012 as the UK’s first fully vegan community cookery school. We became an independent charity in 2018 and collaborate with communities to showcase and develop skills, knowledge and inspiration to grow, cook and eat more plants.
In March 2020 we paused our usual programme to launch a Covid19 response of online classes, telephone support for those not online, and an emergency direct to door community meal service. At the peak of the crisis we provided 500 meals a day across Hackney direct to households who needed support. Today we continue to provide meals and hope to be able to do so for as long as there is need. We aim to incorporate training and jobs for local young people into the community meal service.
We are seeking a highly motivated and strategically minded individual to become our Operations Manager. You will have experience of working in a senior role in the areas of operations, hr and governance. You will help the charity comply with health and safety requirements, safeguarding best practice and data protection and lead in developing organisational policies.
You will have a passion and flair for improving operational processes and efficiency, administering CRMs, and monitoring and evaluation to ensure we operate in the most effective way. You will not shy away from problem solving operational challenges and thrive in supporting the core team to ensure the smooth running and ongoing development of the organisation.
The experience of working for Made in Hackney is varied, unique and rewarding. There is plenty of room for the successful candidate to be creative and bring new ideas for developing services.
• Overseeing staff recruitment procedures, including defining roles, application forms and supporting interview and induction procedures with a focus on being a fully inclusive employer;
• Issuing and renewing contracts (employment and freelance);
• Keeping abreast of latest guidance in employment law and HR legislation;
• Overseeing training requirements, bookings and purchase of licences, and supporting core team to keep an oversight of when and who training is required for eg. Food Safety in Catering, Emergency First Aid, Safeguarding, Gender, Diversity and Inclusion, Anti-Racism;
• Reviewing, updating and creating risk assessments and organisational policies on a regular basis to incorporate latest government guidance and legislation (eg. Health & Safety, Safeguarding) and ensuring they’re reviewed by the Board on a regular basis;
• Ensuring staff DBS checks are updated and supporting core team to keep an overview of outstanding DBS checks needed in their project teams;
• Safeguarding Lead –conducting regular reviews of child& young persons and adult safeguarding policy and procedures, overseeing staff and volunteer safeguarding training and completing regular refresher training to comply with best practice;
• Data Protection Lead -ensuring Data Protection Policy is updated and adhered toby everyone in the organisation, regularly updating and responding to any data breaches;
• Overseeing organisational structure reviews and ensuring a system is in place for staff to receive regular and motivational feedback, and feel supported and able to perform their role;
• Leading on implementing staff wellbeing initiatives eg. socials, team building days etc;
• Coordinate regular team meetings and arrange meeting venues where necessary, to ensure effective communication and mutual support.
To be the main point of contact for training needs and technical support to the core team, and to develop the salesforce platform (Non Profit Success Pack) to improve organisational efficiency, relationship management and income generation. Intensive training will be provided to support this role.
• Lead support to Board of Trustees for housekeeping issues such as assisting Chair with trustee meeting agendas, setting meeting dates and reminders, reviewing minutes, keeping Charity Commission website updated, and assisting with trustee recruitment, induction and training, and board reviews etc;
MIH has a part time Venue Manager who is responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of the ‘Liberty Hall’ kitchen venue. The Operations Manager will oversee them and support on key areas of venue management in the following ways:
• Creating online surveys for each newly funded programme according to their unique reporting requirements;
• Creating welfare surveys for the community meal service;
• App Integration –experience of using apps such as 123 Form Builder (a survey software) and integrating with salesforce;
• Creating reports and dashboards in salesforce to present programme outcomes for funder and trustee reports and the MIH Annual Report.
• Organise quarterly budget meetings between core delivery team and Finance Director to go through budget and expenditure;
• Ensure finance team understands the requirements and deadlines of board meetings and provide reminders to them for preparing the required financial reporting.
• Senior level experience in a similar Operations role;
• Experience in HR Policies and Procedures;
• Dynamic, confident and tech savvy in using and training others in a CRM system;
• Good with numbers and financial planning;
• Experience of managing multiple and simultaneous programme areas;
• Ability to take initiative, problem solve, and think creatively;
• Experience in delivering training (either one to one and/or in a group);
• Capacity to motivate others;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with, and have empathy for, a diverse range of people;
• Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude
• Flexible working arrangement with allowance for working from home
• Training provided in Salesforce CRM, Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults and Children, Emergency First Aid, Food Safety etc
• Employers Assisted Programme (EAP) which includes telephone counselling
• Staff Wellbeing and Social activities throughout the year
• A discretionary summer holiday allowance that is additional to the annual leave allowance –See Annual Leave Policy for full details
• Pension Scheme
• Staff discount of 15%in Food For All Shop;
We have a strong commitment to promote diversity, equality and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups, whether these be of ethnicity, gender, identity, religion, physical ability, sexual orientation or other.
1) Fill in our online application form or
2) Send in a short 5-10 minute video application explaining why you feel you’re appropriate for the role
Deadline: 5pm Monday 17th May
Interviews: Monday 24th May
Post commences: As soon as possible after appointment.
As our Learning Technologist you’ll play a leading role in shaping the College’s approach to and understanding of technology-enhanced learning...Apply For This Job
Global Canopy is a data-driven think tank that targets the market forces destroying nature. We do this by improving transparency...Apply For This Job
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) The mission of Everyman Project is to benefit the community by eradicating domestic violence and abuse...Apply For This Job
Social Media Specialist We are looking for a Social Media Specialist who can strategically identify, and post, engaging content for...Apply For This Job
Facilities, Health & Safety and Admin Coordinator (Youth Hubs) Responsible to: HR and Office Manager Salary: £24,300 to £26,300 FTE...Apply For This Job
Reports to: Programme Lead for Scotland Hours: 22.5 hours per week Salary: £33,000 – £39,000 pro rata Location: Scotland –...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.