JOB TITLE: Finance Officer
SALARY: £25k per annum pro-rata plus benefits
HOURS: 25 hours per week/5 days per week preferred
The Finance Officer is based at LtL’s office in Winchester and the post will report to the Head of HR and Business Services.
• Provide finance administrative support and deliver concurrent activities with tight deadlines to ensure the smooth and efficient running of programmes and services across LtL
•Working closely with LtL’s accountant, manage the day-to-day processing of finance documentation onto Sage 50 to allow the preparation of accurate and timely month and year end accounts
• SAGE 50 Purchase Order processing (placing of purchase orders and registering of supplier’s invoices and chasing outstanding invoices). Track purchase invoices as they arrive and ensure that purchase orders are entered accurately in SAGE in a timely fashion. Register supplier’s invoices, process payments.
• Ensure all purchase invoices, staff and trustee expense forms and credit card statements are authorised and coded by the appropriate budget holder as per LtL’s financial procedures prior to payments being made;
• Provide guidance to staff as to the correct procedures for payment of all expenditure including correct coding and appropriate supporting documentation;
• Check and process staff expense forms
• Record all payments made to suppliers, staff and trustees in the purchase ledger and allocate those payments to the appropriate purchase documents;
• Assist with the maintenance of the Purchase and Sales ledger accounts information on Sage. Register in SAGE 50 New Supplier Forms. Maintain and update supplier and other account details within the purchase ledger;
• Manage and process BACS payments in accordance with Trust bank signatory policy, email remittance advice
• Deal promptly with finance related telephone enquiries on website, PayPal and SAGE. Communicate with Suppliers over payment queries including statements
• Managing filing and archiving of accounts documentation
• Work with project managers to supply information for reporting to funders and funding bodies.
• Other project related finance tasks as required
• Manage and maintain Trust and Company records, files and images both electronic and paper based. Ensure all data is stored accurately and securely in accordance with data protection legislation.
• Contribute to LtL through staff and working group meetings and by taking on specific areas of responsibility as required.
• Develop positive relationships with LtL stakeholders and external partners
• Other appropriate duties as required by the CEO of LtL
Nature of contract: Permanent, dependent upon the financial viability of the Trust
Line Management: Reporting to the Head of HR and Business Services
This post is office based and located in Winchester. Occasional homeworking will be considered
LtL is committed to genuine equality of opportunity in all aspects of its activities both as an employer and as a national charity promoting children’s rights. To this end LtL will work to encourage and assist any disadvantaged groups or individuals and create a level playing field from which equality of opportunity can operate.
• Educated to a good standard of education with a minimum of 5 C Standard Grades or equivalent to include English and Maths.
• At least 2 years practical experience in a similar role undertaking sales and purchase ledger processes, bacs payments and expenses on Sage50.
• An understanding of internal financial control principles.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people.
• Fluent in the English language, both written and spoken.
• Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
• Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
• Understanding of the importance of confidentiality
• Finance qualification or similar accreditation (AAT, etc.)or working towards.
• Familiarity with not for profit financial governance.
• Experience of Zoho / other CRM systems.
• Enthusiasm and commitment to outdoor learning.
• Experience of working for a charity
• Commitment to providing a high quality of service.
• Professional and friendly manner.
• Approachable and supportive.
• Open minded, down to earth, proactive and bright.
• Able to work effectively as a team player.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Passionate about promoting diversity and inclusivity with an organisation
Please read the job description and person specification fully. For further information or to apply for this post please emailrecruitment@LtL.org.ukwith your contact details.
If you wish to apply for the post please send the following:
• Your CV
• A covering letter explaining your interest in the role and how you match the requirements
• Contact details (including email address and phone number) of two referees, one of whom should be your most recent employer
The deadline for applications is 9 am on Friday 14th May,2021
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview on Thursday 20th and Friday 21stMay,2021 in Winchester
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.