KAB is a charity and service provider that has been working throughout Kent and the surrounding areas since 1920. Our aim is to improve the quality of life for blind and sight impaired people of all ages, and enable our service users to maximise their independence.
We have around 110 staff working from five local bases, and around 800 volunteers across the region. The charity has a turnover of c. £2.5 million p.a., and is overseen by a Board of Trustees.
KAB has three rehabilitation teams throughout the region. The West team are based at KAB’s Maidstone Sight Centre and also have offices in Gravesend and Medway. The East team are based at Canterbury Sight Centre and the Bromley team are based solely in KAB’s Bromley Sight Centre. All three rehab teams provide statutory assessments, registration as Sight Impaired (SI) or Severely Sight Impaired (SSI), comprehensive rehabilitation services including mobility and daily living skills training, and provision of equipment. This is done mainly on an outreach basis in services users’ own homes.
As well as being a base for rehab teams, our Sight Centres provide services such as resource rooms displaying equipment and assistive technology, low vision clinics, training courses, and meeting spaces.
Other services provided by KAB include:
· IT/Assistive Technology training and support.
· A Guide Communicator Service for people with a dual sensory impairment, providing one-to-one Sight Support and Intervenor services.
· A Talking Newspaper service, providing local news from 13 districts.
· Transcription services – Braille, audio, CD, SD and USB.
· Open College Network (OCN) accredited courses in Visual Impairment Awareness, Hearing Impairment Awareness, Deafblind Awareness and Assistive Technology.
· Eye Clinic Liaison Officers based in hospital eye clinics.
More information can be found on our website www.kab.org.uk
Job Title: Operations Manager (Information and Compliance).
Responsible to: Primary – Chief Executive, Secondary – Senior Management Team
Hours of work: 21 hours per week between Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (flexible).
Based at: Maidstone Sight Centre, 72 College Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6SJ.
Salary: £17,831 – £18,894 per annum (£29,719 – £31,490 full time equivalent).
Pension Scheme: Membership of the pension scheme is available. KAB will match contributions up to a maximum of 6% of salary.
Wellbeing Programme: Access to a 24 hour confidential support service.
Holiday Details: 21 days per annum, rising to 25 days maximum based on length of service in addition to bank holidays pro rata.
Use of Private Car: £0.40p per mile for business mileage.
Expenses: All approved out of pocket expenses incurred in undertaking official business will be met
The post holder will be responsible for effective compliance across all KAB service delivery to ensure that they meet the needs of the organisation and its employees. They will work with members of the Senior Management Team (SMT) to establish procedures and quality standards and to monitor these against agreed targets. They will also be the main point of contact for queries regarding data protection, information governance and quality assurance for staff, volunteers, stakeholders and external agencies.
· Monitoring compliance across the organisation with particular regard to Information Governance, Data Protection, GDPR, Fundraising Regulation and the Quality Assurance policy ensuring quality standards, policies and processes are adhered to across KAB and by suppliers.
· Working closely with Senior Management Team to ensure regular review, update and approval at the appropriate level for policies and procedures in accordance with KAB’s review timetable.
· Highlighting inadequacies, risks or threats to SMT that need addressing with new or updated policies and procedures to safeguard KAB.
· Monitoring compliance within recording and processing data for all contracts with particular reference to both Local Authority policy and procedure and relevant social care legislation.
· Ensuring adequate agreements are in place with external service providers and organisations regarding processing or sharing data to safeguard KAB. Carrying out regular checks to ensure compliance with these agreements.
· Completing observations of practice across KAB departments as part of the Quality Assurance Policy and provide constructive feedback to individual staff and managers. Ensuring issues are recorded and remedial actions are implemented and evidenced satisfactorily.
· Disseminating changes to policy, procedure and best practice to Trustees, staff and volunteers as required to ensure consistency and quality.
· Managing KAB’s database including creating new users, liaising between KAB and database provider and supporting staff training.
· Maintaining KAB’s IT asset register and liaise with IT Support Company as needed.
· Contributing to the maintenance and development of monitoring and evaluation tools to evidence outcomes.
· Contributing evidence of quality assurance measures for a variety of purposes including contract monitoring and tendering processes.
· Using statistical information to monitor and evaluate performance including determining training needs. Organising training interventions to meet quality standards.
· In liaison with line managers, developing, recommending and monitoring corrective and preventative action.
· Collecting, and compiling statistical quality data and analyse data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system.
· Reviewing physical and electronic security measures for accessing information and for the organisation.
· Liaising with key organisations to develop processes and systems to enable KAB to securely process data in compliance with data protection regulations.
· Overseeing and agreeing facilities contracts and providers for services including telecommunications, IT support provision, gas, electric etc. Advising SMT regarding increasing energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness of services.
· Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
Be able to demonstrate:
This job description is not exhaustive, but is provided to assist the post holder to know what her/his main duties are. It may be amended from time to time without change to the levels of responsibility appropriate to the grade of the post and in discussion with the post holder.
KAB is an equal opportunities employer.
If you would like to apply for the post, please complete all of these forms and return them to Rosie Charles, HR Officer, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Director of Finance and Operations (0.5FTE) Department: Finance Reports To: Chief Executive Direct Reports: 1 direct report Location:...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.