Business Development Representative
Immerse yourself in cutting-edge UK technology, helping big ideas become the next big thing! Are you seeking a thriving team with ambitious goals? Are you yearning to develop at top speed? Do you see yourself at the heart of British Innovation, mingling with the country’s latest and greatest founders?
If so, read on!
GrantTree works with many of the UK’s most innovative companies, helping them to maximise their government funding opportunities. We’re investing heavily in our R&D Tax Credits team to accommodate our growth, and we’re looking for sharp, technically-minded salespeople to boost our bottom line.
That’s where you come in.
As a Business Development Representative, you’ll be expected to gain a deep understanding of our services, and build a pipeline of high-growth startups and scale-ups that may qualify for government funding. You’ll play a pivotal role in creating new business opportunities, nurturing leads and exceeding sales targets set by the Client Acquisition team. In cultivating new business, you’ll be engaging with the top decision-makers from cutting-edge businesses such as Curve, Kano, DueDil, Memrise, and other pioneering forces in the software, engineering and various technological sectors.
● Someone happy to work on a fair base salary with zero commission
● A self-starter, who will stay motivated while working remotely
● A keen interest in innovation, with a bonus of having an existing network/background in the space
● A BCS in Engineering or Knowledge acquired professionally or through person interest (Desirable)
● Experience executing sales remotely from before the March lockdown (Desirable)
● Someone with at least 2 years experience in business development
● Comfort building a rapport with senior executives
● Someone with brilliant communications skills
● Proven pipeline management skills
● Available for a full time role
The role includes:
● Nurturing leads from sales campaigns through to contract signing
● Seeking out appropriate decision makers at target organisations
● Bolstering lead generation with own research and fulfilment
● Fostering relationships with potential and existing clients
● Analysing and interrogating company financials and development projects
● Understanding prospects pain points and responding effectively with a plan of action
● Working strategically; carrying out planning to implement operational changes
● Negotiating contracts and pricing with clients
● Helping to plan sales campaigns with the marketing team
● Monitoring sales and performance forecasts throughout the year
We believe that people should be rewarded fairly for the work they do. At GrantTree there is no secrecy over salaries and the way we work them out. For this role, your salary is likely to lie between £35k – £40k depending on experience. Aside from money, we offer a place where you can be yourself and engage in empowered, purposeful work. We want you to develop your skills and fulfil your potential. We have a flexible approach to working and there is no pressure for you to be in the office, wherever you feel your work is most effective is fine by us. Our team has temporarily gone fully remote since the emergence of COVID-19. Though our Old Street office remains open for your use outside of national and regional lockdowns. Below are some other benefits:
● Up to 6 weeks of holiday per year
● Flexible working policy
● L&D training budget
● Pension scheme via The People’s Pension
● Cycle to work scheme
● Weekly “lunch force” allowance
● Monthly company picnics
● Regular wellness and fun days
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. We also encourage talented ‘square pegs’. If you think you’re the right person for the job even though you don’t quite fit the role spec, be daring and apply!
ABOUT THE ROLE We are looking for an Employer Engagement Manager to support London team as a priority, but we...Apply For This Job
Job Summary East End Prints is an art publishing house and gallery based in the heart of the East End....Apply For This Job
People and Organisation Director Ready to take the helm of a fast growing, remote-first, international team? Komoot went fully remote...Apply For This Job
A unique opportunity to join a successful and growing conservation charity! Executive support officer to CEO Salary £22,000 pro rata...Apply For This Job
Director of Programs & Partnerships – Leeds ABOUT GENERATION Generation’s mission is to train, coach and support people into life-changing...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.