Future Woodlands Scotland -Finance and Operations Manager Requirements
Future Woodlands Scotland is a Scottish charity set up to fund innovative thinking for native woodlands. Established in 2012, the organisation has recently secured significant finance to develop and grow its’ activities including the establishment of a new native woodlands fund.
Future Woodlands Scotland is seeking an energetic and experienced Finance and Operations Manager to support the charity as it moves into the next exciting phase of its development.
Significant funding has been secured which will allow the organisation to create a new Future Woodlands Fund, to allow the establishment of new native woodlands that will increase ecological connectivity, mitigate the effects of climate change and deliver social benefits to people. It will also enable the regeneration of ancient ‘ghost woodlands’, relics of ecologically rich woodlands that have the potential to be restored.
The target for the three-year pilot phase is to establish 1 million trees through a mix of projects.
FWS also awards small grants (up to £10,000) to fund innovative thinking and research that will help understanding and awareness of Scotland’s native woodlands. This is funded through the income from an investment fund.
1. Proven and recent professional and practical experience in the design, management, monitoring and reporting on financial and budgeting operating procedures, particularly within the charity sector
2. Developing and delivering administrative and financial operating procedures in the charitable sector
3. Operating payroll/contractor payments and developing associated policies and standards
4. Design and delivery of office management procedures and resources (including insurance, programme support, facilities, information management and charity administration).
5. Developing organisation policies and standards
6. Team work and communication skills
7. An interest in the environmental sector
1. Developing and administering grant offers, bridging finance loans and legal agreements
2. Servicing and reporting on the requirements of legal agreement between organisations and funding partners
Location of role: This is a Scotland based role, based from home, but which will require occasional travel for meetings (usually in Perth or Aberdeen).
Reporting/Hours of Work/rate of pay:
This self-employed, freelance role is offered at £225 per day + travel and subsistence for an anticipated 2.5 days per week based on 227 working days/pa. This is an estimate based on average time likely to be needed and flexibility will be required. The workload will be subject to regular review.
The role will report directly to the Chair of Trustees but the post holder will be expected to work closely with the Future Woodlands Fund Manager and attend Board meetings on a regular basis. The freelancer/contractor will provide all insurance, IT etc. but FWS will pay for management software etc. as necessary and if required.
Application deadline: 9th December 2020
Send a covering letter and CV to Lynne Staples Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org
MyMiniFactory.com is enabling a decentralized ecosystem for 3D creatives one step at a time. We are a fast growing startup,...Apply For This Job
_Hello. – Got some spare time to make an impact? – Looking to get experience that will lead to a...Apply For This Job
ABOUT THE ROLE As the Finance Manager, you’ll sit at the heart of Generation UK&I, working alongside the Chief Operating...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.