Responsible to: HR and Office Manager
Salary: £24,300 to £26,300 FTE (so £10,414 to £11,271 to for 15 hrs/wk)
Working hours: 15hrs/wk (3-6pm, Monday to Friday)
Annual leave: 24 days pro rata (accruing a day a year up to maximum of 28 days) plus Bank Holidays
Office base: Churchill Gardens and Amberley Youth Hubs, Westminster
Contract Type: Interim for 6 months.
FM Board of Trustees may award Cost of Living salary increases annually, however, it is at their discretion
This post holder is required to have an enhanced DBS check and to subscribe to the DBS update service.
Future Men is a specialist charity that provides emotional and practical support for boys and young men. Through our practice-led services, we work with boys and men from childhood to 25 to help them become healthy, dynamic, future men. From structured school programmes and youth hubs, to individual one-to-one sessions and outreach work, we provide the vital support and advocacy that changes boys and young men’s lives for the better. We focus our work with boys and men who face structural discrimination and disadvantage, including of race, income, and community.
Our Youth Hubs play a key part in helping boys and young people’s personal and social development. Based in Westminster, The Amberley and Churchill Gardens Youth Hubs, provide spaces for young people aged 8-19 to take part in activities such as music production, sport and games, as well as development programmes such as healthy relationships, inclusion and diversity training. Bridging the gap between formal and non-formal education, we help young people learn about themselves, and others around them to create positive outcomes for their futures.
The most useful gift we can give to young people individually and collectively is the gift of hope and self-belief that comes with finding the tools to foster resilience and navigate their own future. We work to enable the young people at our youth clubs to thrive rather than simply survive. This builds social and community capital and affects issues of poverty, violence, lack of education and aspiration for all.
This is an interim role as systems are developed and embedded. At the end of the interim period we will review our youth hub facilities and administrative requirements moving forwards.
As the People, Facilities and Health and Safety Coordinator (Youth Hubs) you will be responsible for providing a COVID-19 secure and well-functioning, work and youth hub environment in our two youth clubs, based in Westminster. You will ensure the health and safety of the building and equipment at the youth hubs. You will maintain and replenish equipment and supplies.
You will support the co-ordination of record keeping and paperwork related to the youth workers and to youth hubs’ operations. You will support the senior youth hubs staff and Senior Leadership Team (SLT) with administrative tasks, including monitoring, events, reporting, communications and HR. You will be the central point for IT queries and administrative support at the Youth Hubs and may co-ordinate the work of office volunteers (as required).
1. Ensure a high-quality Youth Hub physical environment, co-ordinating building repairs, maintenance, cleaning and supplies at FM’s two youth hubs.
2. Ensure equipment, supplies and refreshments for administration and youth hubs delivery at both youth hubs.
3. Take responsibility for Petty Cash tins and/or pre paid card at both youth hubs.
4. Take responsibility for and manage keys, uniform and other high value items at both youth hubs.
5. Coordinate youth hubs team time sheets claims
6. Co-ordinate maintenance of Youth Hubs’ electronic and paper filing systems and records, in liaison with youth hubs staff. Includes youth hub policies and procedures, service user registration forms/records, session records, risk assessments, building/equipment/supplies records, team meeting records, etc.
7. Co-ordinate maintenance of Future Men electronic records related to the youth hubs and youth hubs staff e.g. HR, in liaison with HR and Office Manager.
8. Provide support to staff in using IT systems, including Office 365 and monitoring and evaluation system (Airtable), and support staff to develop IT skills and maintain high standards of IT communication.
9. Support Senior Youth Workers with the preparation of internal and external reports on activities/service users.
10. Support Senior Youth Workers with external communications including web updates, social media posts, case studies.
11. Provide administrative support and co-ordinate planning of events and external meeting arrangements.
12. Carry out a broad range of administrative duties to support the Senior Youth Works and Senior Leadership Team with the smooth and efficient running of the Youth Hubs, including taking and producing minutes for meetings as required, handling post, photocopying, information gathering, proof reading and editing of documents and letters, travel and trips bookings.
13. Carry out other related duties as may from time to time be required to fulfil the mission of FM.
1. To personally prepare for and attend annual appraisals and supervision with your line manager.
2. To work within all of FM ‘s policies and procedures.
3. To act at all times in the interests of FM.
We require the post holder to be able to demonstrate all the person specification listed below to a high level. We will be looking for evidence of all these areas during the selection process.
1.1 Experience of working in an office/youth hub in administration.
1.2 Experience of using Microsoft Office 365.
1.3 Experience of working in a team.
1.4 Experience of updating databases.
1.5 Experience of facilities coordination
2.1 Good knowledge of IT systems.
2.2 Good knowledge of databases.
2.3 Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, including power point, word, excel and outlook.
3. Personal attributes:
3.1 Commitment to the vision, mission and values of FM.
3.2 Ability to work out of normal working hours when needed.
4. Skills and Abilities:
4.1 Ability to deliver to high standards.
4.2 Ability to communicate concisely both orally and in writing with a wide range of audiences.
4.3 Ability to maintain positive working relationships, based on self-awareness and openness to making personal changes.
4.4 Confidence, adaptability and stamina to rise to new challenges and deliver results.
4.5 Takes responsibility for own continuous learning and professional development.
4.6 Ability to use IT systems to support the achievement of personal and collective work goals.
4.7 Ability to source and develop new ideas and to implement and solve problems and bring about improvements to services and resources.
Closing date: 11pm, Tuesday 20th April 2021
Interviews date: Wednesday 28th April 2021
Download and complete – FM Application Form
Download and complete – Equality Monitoring Form
Return the forms by the application deadline, to our Office Administrator via email to email@example.com
Our fundraising mission aims to inspire people to support our quest for change. As Fundraising Officer your role will be...Apply For This Job
Head of Fundraising (VOLUNTEER ROLE) Ideal time commitment: approx. 10-15 hours per month; flexible Responsible to: the Income Generation...Apply For This Job
VOLUNTEER ROLE Accessibility Coordinator Ideal time commitment: 5-10 hours a week (this may increase the 2 months prior to show...Apply For This Job
ROLE FEATURES · 8 days per calendar month rolling freelance contract (minimum of 4 months). · Fee £1200 per month...Apply For This Job
As a Home-Start Trafford, Salford & Wigan (HSTSW) Coordinator you will have knowledge and experience of Family Support and the...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.