Job title: Supporter Care and Shop Officer
Reports to: Fundraising Manager
Working hours: 21hours per week (0.6 FTE). As a flexible employer, Free Tibet is keen to discuss how these hours are worked.
Starting salary: £13,800 (0.6 FTE). £23,000 pro-rata.
Free Tibet is committed to keeping staff safe during the period of uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, and has shifted to a primarily home-based working pattern for most staff. This role currently requires the post holder to come to the Brixton office an average of twice per week.
A newly instituted role in Free Tibet, this position brings together two key functions; management of the Free Tibet online shop, and being first point of contact for incoming communications from supporters and customers.
The Free Tibet online shop constitutes a key income stream for the organisation, as well as serving an important role in promoting both the organisation’s brand, and Tibetan culture. The shop is managed entirely in-house and the successful applicant will have responsibility for it on a day to day basis. They will lead on sourcing new products, tracking performance, marketing, and seeking ways to grow income. This would be a great post for someone with experience in online retail, with a flair for creativity and new ideas for products and how to promote them.
As a small but significant NGO, Free Tibet receives a large amount of incoming communication via post, email and telephone. The post-holder will act at the ‘front door’ for the organisation, answering queries from supporters, customers and other stakeholders, or passing them on to relevant colleagues.
Our vision is a free Tibet in which Tibetans are able to determine their own future and the human rights of all are respected. Free Tibet campaigns for an end to China’s occupation of Tibet and for international recognition of Tibetans’ right to freedom. We mobilise active support for the Tibetan cause, champion human rights and challenge those whose actions help sustain the occupation. The Supporter Care and Shop Officer will be part of a small, closely knit team which operates on a flexible basis. We offer 25 days pro rata annual leave in addition to public holidays and time off over Christmas. Additional benefits include a flexi-time policy, pension scheme and interest free season ticket loans.
• Management of the Free Tibet online shop. This includes:
-Overseeing fulfilment of orders
-Liaising with suppliers and ordering stock
-Working with key colleagues on promotional marketing
-Tracking sales and profit, and using this information to improve shop performance.
• Acting as the main point of contact for the organisation and ensuring a high standard of supporter care. This includes:
-Answering incoming phone calls
-Management of the organisational inbox
-Ensuring that incoming post is dealt with effectively
• Assisting colleagues in Fundraising with the upkeep of supporter records on the database (CRM).
• Participating in weekly team meetings;
• Participating in monthly finance/fundraising meetings;
• Assisting the Fundraising Manager with budgeting;
• Any other tasks required to assist colleagues in the fundraising team or to ensure the smooth running of the organisation
• Experience delivering excellent customer service or supporter care;
• Ability to track and understand stock levels, and sales and profit figures, using this knowledge to improve the shop.
• Ability to liaise with external suppliers and purchasing stock;
• Ability to work on public-facing promotional marketing;
• Experience using Microsoft Office;
• A keen attention to detail;
• Ability to take initiative, work with limited supervision and as part of a small team;
• Commitment to Free Tibet’s mission.
• Experience using Shopify or similar online retail management tool;
• Experience of volunteer management or other line-management;
• Experience using a supporter database(CRM);
• Interest in Tibet and/or human rights;
• Experience of budgeting.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please use the application form on our website (no CVs please). Completed applications must be received by 10:00 am on Monday 9th November. Interviews will take place on Thursday November 19th via video call.
VOLUNTEER ROLE Event Administration Officer Ideal time commitment: 5-10 hours a week (this may increase the 2 months prior to...Apply For This Job
Welcome Thank you for your interest in applying to the School for Social Entrepreneurs. We have put together some information...Apply For This Job
£23,080 pro rata per annum (£6,237 for 10 hours per week, including occasional evening and weekend working) Initially fixed term...Apply For This Job
VOLUNTEER ROLE Research and Impact Manager Ideal time commitment: approx. 5-10 hours per month; flexible Responsible to: the Head of...Apply For This Job
Background: Founded in 2011, Kaleidoscope Trust works to uphold the human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT+) people...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.