Job title: Facilities Officer
Service: Corporate Services
Salary: Grade 2 Point 16 – 19
Hours: 30 hours per week
Location: Bolton / Bradford or Homebased in the North region
Responsible to: Head of Facilities
Family Action has been a leading provider of services to disadvantaged and socially isolated families since its foundation in 1869. We work with over 45,000 children and families a year by providing practical, emotional and financial support through over 100 services based in communities across England.
A further 150,000 people benefit from our educational grants and information service. We tackle some of the most complex and difficult issues facing families today – including domestic abuse, mental health problems, learning disabilities and severe financial hardship.
The Facilities department manages all Assets and Estates that Family Action own or lease across the whole organisation overseeing all the 165 services across England, addressing all issues with hardware, networks and buildings.
Summary of job:
Reporting to the Head of Facilities, you will be responsible for the management of Facilities Assets within Family Actions Northern region. You will also support with corporate services across the whole of the charity, including supervising some external contractors. You will be responsible for the implementation of Health and Safety and environmental management in Family Action’s North region. You will support the Head of Facilities to manage the Facilities Budget and provide administration support.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
1. To supervise the performance of external contractors.
Head Office Administration
2. To help develop corporate services’ SLA and ensure they are consistently applied.
3. Help develop and maintain the internal procedures for Facilities queries, ordering of supplies, equipment and services.
4. To assist with the development and monitoring of the Facilities budget.
5. To help administer the Family Action telecoms contract and the distribution and use of mobile phones, including the payment of invoices.
6. To help manage the secure storage, archiving and disposal of documentation.
7. Assisting in the procurement of necessary services such as M&E, security, telecoms and cleaning.
Health and Safety
8. Conduct Health and Safety site audits to a schedule across Family Action’s North region.
9. Support project managers with risk assessments across Family Action’s North region.
10. Support and give advice to local managers with regarding their Health & Safety system.
To work closely with the Facilities Manager to develop corporate services for Family Actions Northern region sites including:
11. Assisting with planning and undertaking major repairs and refurbishment and the day-to-day maintenance of Family Action assets (properties and equipment) in conjunction with the relevant managers.
12. Help continue to develop central procurement of services, equipment and goods and negotiating terms in liaison with the Facilities Manager.
13. Develop the VOIP and MSTeams phone system.
14. Develop mail room process for a more paperless offices.
1. Member of IWFM to at minimum at Affiliate level.
2. Trained to IOSH Managing Safely Level.
3. Good working knowledge of standards and legislation as applicable to Facilities Management.
4. Broad understanding of Telecommunication systems including VOIP phones, smartphones and networks.
5. Experience of delivering small site relocation projects.
6. A friendly, helpful and welcoming manner as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
7. Ability to deal calmly and efficiently with difficult situations both on the telephone and face to face.
8. Willingness and ability to deal with emergencies.
9. Experience of setting up and running office systems, maintaining records and collating statistics.
10. Experience with Outlook, Word and Excel.
11. Ability to organise own work and time, using own initiative and recognise matters that require urgent attention.
12. Experience of working within a team providing a service to others.
13. A commitment to the aims, objectives and ethos of Family Action including its equal opportunities policy.
14. To ensure you have an understanding (appropriate to your role) of, and comply with Family Action’s procedures for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
15. To comply with Family Action’s Diversity & Equality Policy and our Ethical Policy in every aspect of your work and positively promote the principles of these policies amongst colleagues, service users and other members of the community.
16. To comply with Family Action’s Health and Safety Policy, Data Protection Policy and to protect your own and others’ health, safety and welfare.
17. To work flexibly as may be required by the needs of the team and carry out any other reasonable duties as required.
18. A level 2 food safety certificate.
19. Experience of delivering major site relocation projects.
20. Expertise in the field of Fire legislation, Health and Safety at Work Act, DDA regulations, environmental legislation.
21. Expertise in Salesforce CRM.
Our Values: People focus, Mutual Respect, Excellence-in-all-we do and a Can-Do attitude.
If you can relate to these and have the necessary skills and attitude we can offer you:
For an application pack and further information, including the benefits we offer, please visit www.family-action.org.uk/workingwithus.
Please email completed applications to: email@example.com
Closing date: 18th December 2020, 9am
Interview date: TBC
Family Action offers good working conditions, a comprehensive training programme and a Group Personal Pension Scheme (GPPS). We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
VOLUNTEER ROLE Brand and Design Manager Ideal time commitment: approx. 5-10 hours per month; flexible Responsible to: Head of Media...Apply For This Job
Home-Start Wandsworth – Manager Permanent Role Full time 35 hours per week – part time/flexible working hours will also be...Apply For This Job
This is a new role for us, initially available as a 12 month contract, so we are looking for someone...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Head of Advocacy Location: London Salary: £41,252 – £43,764 pro rata, depending on experience Deadline for applications: 9am on Wednesday 9 December 2020...Apply For This Job
VOLUNTEER ROLE Head of Inclusion and Access Ideal time commitment: approximately 10-15 hours per month, increasing nearer to our annual...Apply For This Job
Deputy Director of Services and Innovation, South, Homebased 25 hours per week (with potential to increase to 37 hours per...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.