Family Support Manager
Salary: £26,000-28,000 (pro-rata depending on experience)
Hours: 28 hours per week (open to negotiation with successful candidate)
Reports to: CEO
Responsible for: Helpline and Family services team of 2 staff and currently 4 volunteers
Location: ERIC is a national charity, based in Bristol. The role requires a blend of home and office- based working. The postholder must live in commutable distance of Bristol.
Overall purpose of the role
The Family Support Manager will lead the delivery of ERIC’s existing services for children and young people and the people who care for them as well as developing new services in consultation with users, making sure we are responsive to the needs of our community.
Our Family Support and Helpline team includes experienced and committed expert practitioners and volunteers, mostly parents and healthcare professionals. You will be responsible for leading and motivating the team, supporting them as well as working across the wider ERIC team.
We are excited to be recruiting to this new role and we are looking for an ambitious leader, ready to take on a new challenge, supporting the achievement of our goals for children, young people and families.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
1. Strong leadership skills to support a range of working patterns including individual and team development.
2. Ability to lead the development of new services, using excellent planning, strategic thinking, project management and evaluation skills.
3. Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement, setting and achieving service targets.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written which can be applied to different audiences.
5. A strong team player, willing to share ideas and work collaboratively with colleagues.
6. Self-motivated with a positive, can-do attitude and the ability to work independently using own initiative.
7. Experience of managing a diverse workload, meeting deadlines while working under pressure.
8. A demonstrable understanding of and a commitment to Equal Opportunities including the needs of different social, cultural and disability groups.
9. Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends as required to deliver training and cover helpline shifts at short notice.
1. Educated to degree level or equivalent.
2. Knowledge of safeguarding practice, procedures and legislation.
3. Experience of using Salesforce or an alternative customer relationship management system.
4. Experience in the voluntary sector and an enthusiasm for the work of the charity
5. Understanding of the impact of children’s bowel and bladder problems
Contact Juliette Rayner email: email@example.com
How to apply:
Send CV and Personal Statement stating clearly how your skills, behaviours and attributes make you a good candidate for the role. Please also include the Equal Opportunities Monitoring form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 13 June 2021
Interview Date: Tuesday 22 & Wednesday 23 June 2021
Advice Coordinator, Welfare Rights Advice, Bradford 22.2 hours per week Grade 3 (lower): £26,949 -£29,573 per annum pro rata Permanent...Apply For This Job
Specialist Domestic Violence and Abuse Children & Family Support Worker Location: Enfield. Haringey & Islington Salary: £13,500 -£14,500 .5 FTE...Apply For This Job
Practice Manager, PAC-UK, London and South East 24.5 hours per week Grade 4 (lower): £38,324 -£42,343 FTE, inclusive of Inner...Apply For This Job
Wolfram Syndrome UK Adult Support Worker Wolfram Syndrome UK (WSUK) WSUK is a small national charity based in West Sussex...Apply For This Job
Service Manager, NE Hants & Farnham Social Prescribing Service, Fleet 21 hrs per week Grade: 4 (lower): £19,704.24 -£21,985.30 (£34,717...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.