Contract: Temporary, part-time at 15 hours per week from 1st October 2022 to 31st January 2023
Salary: £30,000 FTE
Work base: Home-based within the UK
Right to work requirements: We are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to work in the UK
Be part of a small, but dynamic organisation that makes headlines in January and throughout the year!
Veganuary is a non-profit organisation that encourages people worldwide to try a vegan lifestyle for January and beyond. Veganuary’s popular culture appeal, alongside their positive and accessible approach to veganism, is making a measurable difference for animals, sparing millions of lives since our launch in 2014. We proactively support people and businesses alike to achieve this.
With preparations for the 2023 Veganuary campaign well underway, it is indeed an exciting time to join our international team of talented, valued and committed staff who enjoy their ability to collaboratively contribute to this amazing cause.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and high-energy content creator with an expertise in short-form video creation (TikTok & Instagram Reels), to join our team for the Veganuary 2023 campaign. We are seeking someone who is full of ideas and has a real passion for Tiktok and Instagram, and can help to create exciting, high-performing content for our digital channels during our busy campaign months.
- Create and schedule content across multiple social channels but with a strong focus on Instagram and TikTok to help drive channel growth, reach and Veganuary 2023 signups
- Quickly jump on Tiktok and Instagram trends
- Gain a sound understanding of our target audience and the type of content that will capture their attention and imagination
- Write engaging copy for our social media posts
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media and SEO
- Come up with new ideas for exciting and engaging content
- Help monitor, moderate and manage our social media channels
- Communicate with our followers and help with the continued growth of our online community
- Proven experience in creating highly-engaging short-form video content for TikTok and Instagram that achieves a wide reach
- Good eye for detail and strong design aesthetic
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Design skills and experience in creating high-quality and engaging content
- Knowledge of online content marketing (growing channels, metrics, scheduling posts etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excel in a high-pressure environment and able to action things quickly
- Proficient with Microsoft 365
- You love working from home within a remote, collaborative team
- You share Veganuary’s vision and values (below)
Our vision is simple; we want a vegan world. A world without animal farms and slaughterhouses. A world where food production does not decimate forests, pollute rivers and oceans, exacerbate climate change, and drive wild animal populations to extinction.
Impact: we are committed to a vegan world; we will utilise research to evaluate how the highest number of lives can be spared and direct resources to that end.
Empowerment: we will optimise our outreach to support and encourage people on their vegan journey in a non-judgemental, positive, constructive and easily accessible way.
Collaboration: by partnering with other mission-driven organisations and working closely with corporates, we will make a bigger difference.
Diversity and inclusion: we know that it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds to achieve our vision; we appreciate the value of this and how it brings us closer to achieving our mission.
Respect and integrity: in all internal and external relationships, we will strive for genuine, honest, and transparent communication.
Resilience: we will continue to create a professional and sustainable (human, social, economic and environmental) organisation.
Veganuary is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work culture that reflects and celebrates our diverse world. We therefore welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their ethnicity, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership status, or age. We recognise our duty as an employer to foster an environment that embraces diversity and are constantly reviewing our practices to become even more inclusive as an organisation. We also recognise that certain groups in our industry are under-represented – we welcome applications from all who meet the role’s requirements and are making efforts to attract a diverse pool of candidates to combat the lack of representation.
Applications for this role are only being received via the CharityJob platform. Please click ‘apply’ where you will be required to submit your CV and a cover letter of no more than 1,000 words by Saturday 20th August, 2022, 23:59 UK TIME that answers the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for Veganuary?
- What will you bring to our organisation?
- When can you start?
- What is your salary expectation?
As an inclusive employer, reasonable adjustments can be made to allow any who require additional support to apply for this role. Please get in touch with us if you require such support.
Thank you for your interest in Veganuary!