JOB TITLE: FINANCE & ADMIN OFFICER
REPORTS TO: Client Services Manager
To ensure that the routine finance and admin processes within Alive operate smoothly and efficiently.
· Ensure that financial data is recorded, reconciled and up to date.
· Support members of Alive team with administrative support
· Ensure that appropriate office resources are available and well maintained.
1. Ensure that financial data is recorded, reconciled and up to date (50%)
1. Responsible for the sales leger operation. Operate the sales invoice process, liaising with staff to ensure all invoices are raised in a timely manner; and the recording of sales ledger receipts.
2. Responsible for setting up and managing online payment system and reconciling online customer payments and subscriptions.
3. Carry out effective credit control.
4. Responsible for the purchase leger operation. Operate control over and processing of supplier invoices, checking authorisation, coding and evidence of receipt of goods and services; prepare online banking payments (in line with invoice payment timetable). Reconcile supplier statements and deal with supplier queries.
5. Record nominal ledger receipts and payments, checking authorisation and coding, including staff expense claims, direct debits, PayPal and debit card payments.
6. Carry out bank reconciliations for each account at least monthly.
7. Manage the petty cash system, carrying out counts at least monthly.
8. Maintain the finance files and records.
9. Deal with external and internal enquiries concerning the areas of responsibility as listed here, including liaison with banks.
10. Carry out month end procedures, and support the Finance & Resources Manager with management account preparation and analysis.
11. Support the Finance & Resources Manager with the preparation of budgets, reforecasts and the reporting of variance analysis.
12. Assist the Finance & Resources Manager in the regular updating of detailed procedure notes relating to financial processes.
13. Prepare the monthly payroll details for approval of the Finance & Resources Manager prior to submission to the outsourced payroll provider. Liaise with the payroll provider to ensure that payslips are made available to staff, statutory deductions are accounted for to HMRC and that auto-enrolment pension scheme is properly operated.
2. Support members of Alive team with general administrative support (45%)
1. Support Marketing and Client Services Officer in maintaining and uploading data in the relevant databases as and when required
2. Support Client Services Officer with external enquiries
3. Answer internal enquiries
4. Support Alive team with any internal tech questions
5. Manage computer licences
6. Assist in answering the phone when required
7. Book internal meetings including meeting rooms when required
8. Maintain office calendar
3. Ensure that appropriate office resources are available and well maintained (5%)
1. Responsible for management of office supplies and related procurement, postage, office refreshments and office equipment.
2. Ensure that adequate and appropriate office supplies are available in stock and, where appropriate, recorded.
3. Maintain an asset register, carrying out annual checks.
1. Carry out such other tasks and responsibilities as directed by the Client Services Manager.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: FINANCE & ADMIN OFFICER
Knowledge & experience:
· Maths GCSE – C or above
· English GCSE – C or above
· Commitment to Alive’s aims
· Self-motivated and adaptable
· Conscientious and attention to detail
Terms and Conditions of Employment
Salary: £23,000 per annum pro rata, plus contributory pension. Salaries are paid monthly in arrears and reviewed annually.
Conditions of employment: This post is part-time, 22.5 hours per week, and permanent. We work a 7.5-hour day, but the hours may be worked over three days. The annual holiday allowance is 25 days plus Bank Holidays, pro rata.
Location: Alive is based at the Create Centre, Smeaton Road, Bristol BS1 6XN.
Training: You will be encouraged to attend Alive sessions on a regular basis in order to understand and communicate what we do more effectively.
The hours for this post may increase if we are able to secure more funding.
Please note: This job description is for guidance. Employees are expected to be flexible and cooperative and to undertake additional duties as required.
How to Apply:
To apply, please complete the application form, making a compelling case for why you would be the best candidate for this role. If you would like an informal chat about the role, please email or contact Ben Trowell email@example.com with the header ‘Finance and Admin officer ’, plus your name and mobile or call the office on 0117 377 4756.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am 28th June. Please do not send CVs. We will hold interviews on Thursday 1st July.
Part Time Community Engagement Officer Energy Garden Salary: £25,000 per annum pro-rata Location: London (Lewisham) Hours: Part Time (1-2 days a...Apply For This Job
Network Engagement Project Officer (Volunteering) We now have an exciting opportunity for you to make a difference as one of...Apply For This Job
We are looking to recruit an energetic, sociable, engaging individual who has charisma and an ability to positively influence others. ...Apply For This Job
Trusts & Foundations Manager (Part-time, fixed term contract) Based in London (initially remote, with flexibility on-going) Salary: £32,000, pro rata....Apply For This Job
Membership Support Officer Women’s Aid is the national charity working to end domestic abuse against women and children. Over the...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.